- Types Of Information We Collect.
- Use And Processing Of Information.
- Sharing Of Information.
- Your Choices.
- How We Protect Personal Information.
- Contact Information.
We receive personal information from our customer, potential customers, and employees. The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Information about Customers||We collect the name, address, contact information, licenses, reseller certificates, order and shipping history and customer POs of our customers with whom we interact.||We have a legitimate interest in communicating with our customers concerning product information, confirming licensure and maintaining order history of our products ordered by customers.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open or interact with our messages.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with the communications that we send to you.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to perform our employment obligations (e.g., to process paychecks). In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also have a legitimate interest in using employee-related information for efficient staffing and work force operations. We have a legitimate interest in using information about job applicants to process employment applications.|
|Contact Us/ Question||If you contact us or ask a question we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your questions and requests.|
|Mailing List||We may offer you the ability to sign up for a mailing list. If we do so we will collect your name, company name, mailing address, and email address.||We share information about our products with individuals that consent to receive such information.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how and when a device interacts with our website. This may include which links are clicked on, or information that is typed into a search bar. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We may collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you, or from our customers, directly we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify your device or browser when you visit our websites.
- To provide products and services to your business or employer.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to questions, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send promotional materials, including information relating to our products.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or anticipates acquiring, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, discovery requests, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Access To Your Personal Information. We will grant you, where required by law, reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. You can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information be modified.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information, by contacting us at the address described below. We will do so when required by law.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. By submitting your personal information to us you acknowledge the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
- Information for California Residents. California Civil Code 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicates that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are “sold” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” as those terms are defined under California law. You can find a list of the categories of information that we share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Privacyrights@sagentpharma.com or at 1-888-384-2031
Effective Date: February 1, 2021